Tuesday, September 04, 2007

because you prayed, He came with deliverance; because you prayed, He came with provision.

The other day I received an email with a teaching type thing in it... It read in part

"....So many times, we keep crying to God to open the gates of Heaven and send blessings, when we could simply open the gates we have and gather the blessings God's "already" caused to be left at our gates--when we prayed! But this takes action--we need to act, open the gates, step out in faith and believe God!

Nothing will happen that you do not pray for; but many times the blessings you prayed for are already at your gates. Because you prayed, they were sent to you; because you prayed, blessings were stored at your front door; because you prayed, He came with deliverance; because you prayed, He came with provision.

God will never answer a prayer that has not been made. But then again, God will never answer your prayers by sending quail flying into your camp already roasted! ( I LOVED THAT PART!!!!)

Be blessed and be a blessing!

Conrad Lampan
Revival Highway
Email: connect@revivalhighway.org

You can read all of the word given at this place.. It is REALLY GOOD and I saw alot I had never saw before!

http://www.elijahlist.com/words/html/textonly-090207-Lampan.html

Ok... so to get to my point... every winter that I have lived here (this will be my 9th I think) I have stressed over getting wood to burn as I only heat by my wood stove.. long story but the heaters are NOT good... anyway.... I many times have to chose between food etc and wood to keep us warm...
I didn't want to spend another winter living here and going through the stress... I just wanted to move... but without the funds I am facing another winter in this big, old and drafty house.
Yesterday I had to take my daughter to the store... as I was coming home I saw a huge trailer filled with scrap wood in someones yard. The Holy Spirit told me to stop and ask them if they were throwing it away and if I could have some... uuummmm yeah... NOT!!! I argued with Him... knowing I hardly ever ask for help because I have learned many times that if I do then I am either told no or made to feel like 2 inches tall for even asking... or I ask and they say yes but then don't follow through...
anyway... I came home... kept thing about it... but then I pushed it out of my mind... How could the Lord ask me to do something that was totally against everything in me. When I woke up Monday morning The Holy Spirit was at me again... telling me to go to that house... I again argued with Him.... He finally won... I got in the blazer... prayed all the way... said "If that is you Lord You need to give me the grace because I can't just go to some strangers house and ask them for their wood" He said that if I didn't listen I would miss my blessing... then He reminded me of the part of the word I read that
"we could simply open the gates we have and gather the blessings God's "already" caused to be left at our gates--when we prayed! But this takes action--we need to act, open the gates, step out in faith and believe God! "
That really got my attention... Knocking on their door WAS OPENING THE GATE.
After driving past their house a few times I pulled into the driveway... almost trembling, I knocked on the door... A little old lady came to the door... I asked and she said I could take what ever I wanted (her son is a contractor and it was all going to get dumped at a wood recycle place... he had to pay to dump it) ... I could only reach a little but her husband came to me and told me I could have some branches that he had cut up... I took the lumber I had loaded home... then went back for the branches...
The Lord told me to give them my name and address and tell them to tell their son that he could dump it at my house if he wanted... that I could use as much as was there and whatever I couldn't burn I would dispose of... like pressed board...
At any rate... their son came and dumped it my yard today (Tuesday) see pics...He also told me that he gets a trailer full like that about once a week...Of course I told him he could dump a few more here!!!
... After looking at the pile I knew there would be lots of work to do... sorting stacking cutting... I thought about all the work BUT I was NOT about to complain even though the dread started to come over me... Then The Holy Spirit reminded me of another part of the word I read...
"God will never answer a prayer that has not been made. But then again, God will never answer your prayers by sending quail flying into your camp already roasted!"

REMEMBER...
because you prayed, He came with deliverance;(He delivered me, at that moment, from the fear of asking strangers for something.. I may struggle again but for that moment anyway I was delivered) because you prayed, He came with provision. (He provided the wood for me to burn!!!)

I was thankful for the "quail" He had send me... and I am NOT about to complain about having to roast it!!!! HE IS SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!


If You made it this far... Thank you!!!