Monday, April 23, 2007

My BIG hole!

I just wanted to share a little bit about my life today... what I have been trying to get done so I can give about 30 kids a safe party on Saturday....

months ago the county came to dig in my yard... something like a perk test I think... because they are widening the road and needed to see if they were going to move the septic or put this house on sewer.... well, the hole I got is about 11 feet long, about 3 feet wide and a good 4-5 feet deep!

My Landlords upset the company doing it... legal issues.... so once the county said it could be filled in... well.... they wouldn't come back out and fill it in. Then My Landlord said they would come fill it is.... also someone else close to me said they would bring their tractor over and fill it in.... well.... here it sits... still a BIG hole in the ground.... so I am filling it in, one shovel full at a time.....

I found or discovered as I have been out there that one of my major pet-peeves is still people NOT doing what they say they WILL do! Don't people realize that their word is their bond? Don't they realize a reputation is based on what they do and NOT what they say? That keeping their words or NOT shows their character?
The Bible says somewhere we are supposed to keep our word even to our own hurt... can't remember where and I don't want to look it up right now.... the person close to me knows what I am doing and that it needs to get done for the party but did he say anything about coming to help.... NO!!!! He just told me not to give myself the "big one" (heart attack) while I was doing it!
I was sooooo ticked (to put it nicely) I just said I am soooo sick and tired of people not doing what they say they are going to do.... his comment was "are you talking about me?" well DUH!!!!!
IF you are NOT going to do something don't say you are!

Enough complaining.... but I just had to get this off my chest!!!! Now... back out to throw more shovel fulls of dirt in the hole!