Friday, August 04, 2006

Disgust and then Willing

Psalm 31, verses 14-15a, "But I am trusting you, O LORD, saying, 'You are my God!' 15 My future is in your hands..."

Sometimes I get really disgusted with myself.... with my attitudes... with how small of a thing I LET take away my joy... I see all the junk in my heart and I hate it....I went to sleep last night after one of my "moments", totally upset with myself, this morning I woke up thinking about it... telling the Lord about it, then got on line and read Debra's posts for today then opened up my inbox... this is what I found...


August 4, 2006: Beloved, I am doing a deep work of cleansing in your heart. Yield to this work that will make you a fit vessel, a vessel of honor to bear My name. My eyes search to and fro throughout the whole earth to find those who are willing to be sanctified for the work of My kingdom. This is a work of My mercy and grace, and all you must do is be willing. It is I who works in you both to will and to do My good pleasure, says the Lord.

2 Timothy 2:20-21 "But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work."
Subscribe to Spirit of Prophecy Bulletin

It made me "feel" better knowing it is not me who does the changing but JESUS in me, I just have to be willing.... I think we get so blind to our own stuff that we don't see it is still there until The Lord allows us to see it... and we don't get willing until we get disgusted with it... and THEN and ONLY then, with a willing heart, can we own it and let HIM change us!