Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Fire

"But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:1-2 (AMP)

Another verse I needed today.
Sometimes circustances are beyond our control... but NOT beyond HIS control... MANY times we must go through things to get rid of the junk in our own hearts, other times it is just to test us to see where our faith really lies... and other times I think it is just like Job... for reasons just to glorify God and to show the enemy our faithfulness, no matter what.
But no matter the reason we need to remember this verse (among many others) with these promises... remember, when the 3 men went into the fire Jesus showed up there with them...Some say He was ALREADY there, while those on the OUTSIDE perished. when they (The 3 that were IN the fire) came out they didn't even smell of smoke!
I know that the fire scares me, to be honest, most of the time, but IF I really look at this... And look at HIM, well, I guess I would rather be in the fire WITH Jesus, than on the outside WITHOUT Him.
WE will NOT BE DESTROYED usnless we LET IT!